- Next Sunday is the mission Sunday
PROGRAMME OF MARIAN MONTH
The month of October is the month of the rosary.
- These are the intentions of the rosary for the four weeks
- 1st week- Patients with cancer & other terminal illnesses
- 2nd week- Completion of our church project
- 3rd week- Families and country
- 4th week- Youth(young people)
- Mary’s quiz: Every SCC will receive 50 questions every Sunday to be discussed by them. We shall have an inter-SCC quiz competition on 26th October with great Marian gifts for the winners. Kindly collect the quizzes from the secretary’s office.
- CANCER AWERENESS ACTIVITIES-OCTOBER 2019
RCCC, Karen has lined up activities this month of October to create awareness on the burden of cancer to enlighten parishioners, as a community to be able to support each other.
Theme: “I am and I will”
Activities are being held every Sunday during this month as follows:
- Sunday 6th October, 2019 – Prayer were offered for those Diagnosed, Survivors, Affected and Deceased. We encouraged all Christians to continue submitting names using the available forms and drop in the Cancer Awareness box provided. We shall continue to offer prayers for them.
- Saturday 12th October, 2019: The Youth visited Gertrude’s Children Hospital Cancer Unit to spend time, pray and encourage the children diagnosed with cancer, the warriors (survivors) and their care-givers. The Youth will share their experience and learning on 27th October at all the masses.
- Sunday 13th October, 2019: Talks by cancer warriors (survivors) and care givers on their journey in every mass:
- 30 am mass: By –Catherine Kariuki, a cancer warrior
- 30 am mass: By- Cathy a cancer warrior and her Husband Mr Mutua
– Hon. Mrs Beth Mugo, Senator Nairobi County-a cancer warrior
- 30 am mass: By Sally Kwende, a cancer warrior
- Youth Mass: By Sally Kwende,a cancer warrior
- 00 pm Mass: By Sr Margaret,a cancer warrior
We shall create opportunity to interact with them after each mass
- Sunday 20th October 2019: Mission Sunday, we shall incorporate messages on Nutrition in cancer.
A brief talk will be given in Church by Betty Okere-a nutritionist, followed by consultations after mass at old Fr`s house for those who may wish to get more information on Nutrition
- Sunday 27th October 2019:
- We shall have an oncologist – Dr. Edwin Rono among others who will give brief talks on cancer at all masses.
- We shall have a Medical camp where basic screening and advice will be carried out by nurses and doctors at the main Hall & old Fr`s house courtesy of Nairobi Radiotherapy and Cancer Centre.
- Sunday 20th and 27th October 2019: We shall be selling the cancer awareness `T` Shirts at ksh 1,000.00 each. Proceeds will go towards the Youth project of Roofing the new Sanctuary. Please buy one at our desk at the parking shed.
We encourage you to continue participating in these activities to be enlightened, encouraged and support our Parish.
- Loreto Convent Valley Road are announcing interviews for form 1 intake 2020. The interviews will be on Saturday 19th October 2019 from 8.00 am. More information on the notice board.
- WEDDING BANNS
Wedding between Stephen Wakoli s/o Victor Wafula and Judith Nanjala
With Olivia Mwende d/o Lucia Mbithe.
Wedding between Kennedy Isagi s/o Levi Isagi and Elizabeth Maindi
With Juliet Omondi d/o Samuel Awana and Florence Ajiki.
Wedding between Titus Mwanzia s/o Fidelis Muasa and Pinna Mueka
With Judith Mutheu d/o Dominic Musyimi and Josephine Mwelu.
Wedding between Michael Ndero s/o Peter Kiragu and Rose Wangui
With Joyce Njoki d/o Samson Muraya and Mary Wanjiku.
Anyone against this marriages to see the parish priest.